Description of Duties
Volunteers serve as spotters for riders by walking/jogging behind campers to help teach balance and provide emotional and motivational support. There are 5 daily sessions with 8 riders in each session, so we need 80 volunteers to make this program a success. Campers rely on their volunteer to help them learn to ride a bike, so we encourage volunteers to try their best to commit to working the entire week of the camp for the session(s) they select. We understand this might not always be possible and will consider other schedules.
Choose From These Daily Session Times: 8:30 am, 10:05 am, 11:40 am, 2:00 pm, 3:35 pm
- Should be 16 years of age - those 15 years old may volunteer with an adult
- Able to jog at a moderate pace for one hour with short breaks or walk fast for one hour with short breaks
- Able to attend a Volunteer Orientation and Training Session on Sunday, July 13th at 4pm at Copley High School
- Earn up to 9 hours during the week for one session for 5 days
- Earn up to 16.5 hours during the week for two sessions for 5 days
- HERE to view a video about what happens during the week of camp
- HERE for a testimonial from last year's volunteers
- HERE to download a Volunteer Registration Form
Please pass this along to anyone you feel might be able to assist!
Follow all of our programs by LIKING US ON FACEBOOK!